Investors around the world are talking big about citizenship through investment programs. Especially the investment opportunities in the Caribbean countries. These passports increase global mobility, offer security, and even the ability to live and work in the USA.
The Caribbean offers key advantages to high net-worth individuals and their families, including an optimized taxation system, owning a property in another country, investing in government bonds, etc. As the economies undergo big changes, it’s always a good time to have a plan B and secure your family and wealth. You can do that by applying for a second passport and having your options open.
But what are the best Caribbean countries where you can obtain dual citizenship? Let’s check them out.
Grenada is one of the countries that offer citizenship by investment (CBI). It is also the only one in the Caribbean that allows investors to apply for an E-2 treaty visa and work and live in the USA. The Caribbean countries citizenship by investment programs are known for the benefits and access to better educational and healthcare systems.
The benefits of obtaining citizenship in Grenada include the following:
- Fast application time – you will get the passport within 3-4 months after submitting the application;
- Travel without a visa to more than 130 countries, including Russia, China, the UK, and the Schengen zone;
- You don’t need to reside in the country to get or maintain citizenship;
- You can include family members in the application, like a spouse, children, parents, or grandparents;
- Grenada is ideal for families.
Remember – You will need to pay additional fees if you apply as a family or if you have co-dependents in the application form!
You can invest in real estate and national funds. We would recommend that you consult an authorized agent before you start the application process.
St. Lucia’s program counts successes each year. The CBI program uses the most effective practices to grant foreigners a chance to obtain dual citizenship. Besides its glamorous beauty, towering twin volcanic peaks, beautiful scenery, and crescent-shaped beaches, this island country is known for the various investment options investors can enjoy.
The investment options are:
- Investing in real estate a minimum amount of $300,000
- Investing in the National Economic Fund, a one-time contribution of $100,000
- You can invest in an enterprise project, an amount of $3.5 million or more
- Invest in government bonds, $500,000 or $535,000 if you are applying as a couple with your spouse
The benefits include a stable economic and political environment, no taxes on personal wealth, capital gains, or inheritance, and an affordable chance to obtain a second passport.
Dominica is another Caribbean country that fosters a CBI program, and it’s known for its eco-friendly approach to tourism. It’s a 275-square-mile island on the eastern part of the Caribbean, between the French Islands of Martinique and Guadeloupe. It is the center of thriving agriculture and tourism, famous for its beautiful rainforests and hot springs.
The CBI program was introduced in 1993 and has become one of the most successful programs in the Caribbean ever since.
You have two options for investing in acquiring a passport: $200,000 in real estate property and $100,000 in a national fund. There might be additional due diligence fees and processing fees; however, it depends on the country and the entity through which you apply for citizenship.
The benefits of owning a Grenadian passport include the following:
- Becoming a member of the CARICOM community;
- Working and living in any of the member countries;
- Getting lifetime citizenship;
- Flexible and swift process;
- An economical option for obtaining a second passport.
Antigua and Barbuda
Antigua and Barbuda is a beautiful island country lying between the Atlantic Ocean and the Caribbean Sea. It got its name from the two main islands, Antigua and Barbuda. It’s the perfect Caribbean country to obtain citizenship and enjoy the azure waters, lies in the sublime sands, or sip a cocktail at sunset.
We are happy to inform you that Antigua has a CBI program granting many investors dual citizenship. The perks of owning an Antiguan passport include increased global mobility, a stable economy, no taxes on personal income or capital gains, traveling without a visa to 130 countries, etc.
The investment options are:
- $400,000 in real estate projects – you must keep the property for at least 5 years;
- $100,000 investment in the National Development Fund;
- Investing in a business – you can establish the business in Antigua for a minimum amount of $1.5 million;
On top of these investments, additional fees might apply if you apply as a family.
Check out our blog to learn more about the application process, requirements, and eligibility to participate in the Citizenship by Investment programs.
I hope you enjoy our article, do check out more of our amazing articles.